As it has finally warmed up a bit here I’m trying to get out and walk more using my new fit bit like wristband which measures the amounts of steps I take each day. As you know when I’m not working I try to write or paint but this can create a problem in that mostly this involves sitting down. And at work I sit down, a lot. So here’s some questions you might be able to help me with:
- how many steps a day is respectable? I know the 10,000 number was made up but to be honest I never reach anything like that 6-7000 usually when at home. On a work day it can be as little as 2,000 though!
- trainers or walking boots? I’ve got a pair of leather boots but they’re quite heavy, also in old fashioned brown but they are comfy. Any tips or makes anyone?
- I was wondering whether to try walking poles (the Nordic thing). Anyone tried it? Is it difficult, useful, good for you?
- Are warm ups necessary do you think?
- I’m also a little worried as I might have accidentally agreed to a 25 mile walk later in the year…help!
I do think that sitting on your backside for ages is a real problem for many of us. Anyway always happy to hear from those of you who might have cracked this. Let me know how?